Acceptable Use Policy
Upstate Vegas Events (UVE) has published this Acceptable Use Policy in an effort to enhance the use of the Internet by promoting responsible use and in an effort to provide a reliable, high-quality service to its customers. In that regard, UVE requires its customers and other third-party users to utilize UVE's services and network responsibly and in compliance with all applicable laws and the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. This Acceptable Use Policy supplements rather than supersedes any and all agreements between a User and UVE with respect to the use of UVE's services and network by such User. Use by a User of UVE's services or network constitutes acceptance by such User of the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.
Users may not use UVE's services or network:
- In violation of any applicable local, state, or federal law or regulation.
- In a manner that infringes or may infringe upon any copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, or other types of intellectual property.
- To transmit offensive or threatening materials, including materials that are obscene, pornographic, defamatory, libelous, abusive, hateful, excessively violent, or otherwise inappropriate.
- To transmit fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading materials, or to advance any type of financial scam.
- To transmit any materials that harasses another person or entity.
- To transmit viruses, Trojan horses, or other materials harmful to any network or equipment or other Users or third parties.
- In a manner that exposes or may expose UVE, its customers, partners, resellers, or vendors, or any other person or entity using the UVE network to abuse, complaints, retaliation, connectivity issues, or other negative impact.
SYSTEM AND NETWORK SECURITY
Users may not use UVE's services or network to violate, or to attempt to violate, the security of any network, service, data, or other system without proper authorization, including, without limitation:
- Any attempt to access any network, service, data, or other system that such User is not authorized to access.
- Any attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any network, service, or system without proper authorization.
- Any attempt to breach any security or authentication measures.
- Any attempt to monitor data or traffic on any network or system without proper authorization.
- Any attempt to interfere with service to any User, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of overloading, mail bombing, flooding, crushing, or any denial of service attacks.
- Any attempt to forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail message or a newsgroup posting.
- Any attempt to utilize another User's account name without proper authorization.
Users may not use UVE's services or network to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk email messages, commonly known as "spam." For purposes of this Acceptable Use Policy, an email message shall be deemed to be unsolicited if:
- It is sent to a recipient:
- Who has not expressly requested or invited it,
- With whom the sender does not have an existing personal or business relationship, or
- Who has requested that the sender not send it any further email messages.
- Such email message is considered to be unsolicited under any applicable local, state, or federal law or regulation. In addition, Users are prohibited from using the services or network of another provider to send spam or to promote a site hosted on or connected with UVE' services or network.
All postings to Usenet groups must comply with such group's charter, rules, guidelines, and agreements, collectively, "Usenet Policies." In addition to any such Usenet Policies, Users may not use UVE's services or network to post the same or similar messages to one or more Usenet groups, commonly known as "Usenet spam."
In order to ensure server stability and uptime of the mail server, the following limits shall apply to all Users of UVE email:
- Size per message: 1 MB incoming and outgoing.
- Maximum mailbox size: 20 MB total.
Messages that exceed the above limit shall be rejected, and mailboxes that exceed the above limit shall not be able to receive further incoming mail. Messages that have been unchecked for 90 days automatically shall be deleted from the server.
If UVE determines that a User has violated any of the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, UVE shall have the right in its sole discretion to:
- Demand immediate removal of the violating material and/or;
- Terminate or suspend such User's services.
UVE may involve, and shall cooperate with, law enforcement authorities if criminal activity is suspected. In addition, Users who violate this Acceptable Use Policy may be subject to civil or criminal liability. UVE shall not be liable for any damages suffered by any User or third party resulting directly or indirectly from any actions taken by UVE pursuant to this Acceptable Use Policy.
In order to protect the UVE network and all Users utilizing the UVE network, UVE shall have the right, immediately and without prior notice, to terminate routing of a User's assigned IP address space in the event such User is under a network-based attack; however, UVE shall use reasonable efforts to reinstitute routing of such User's assigned IP address space at UVE' discretion following such network-based attack. In the event that a User experiences repeated network-based attacks, UVE reserves the right to suspend or terminate such User's services immediately and without prior notice.
Violations or potential violations of this Acceptable Use Policy may be reported to UVE by fowarding a copy of this email with your comments for us to review.
UVE reserves the right to modify this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time without notice at UVE's sole discretion. Such modifications shall be effective when posted.